Pages: (7) « First ... 4 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post )
add reply
new poll

right where it begins, kate!
alias: kate
pronouns: she/her
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
timezone: CST
mature: yes
member group: moana
24442 posts 297700 points
Jan 8 2017, 09:18 PM
well, this wasn't quite the way leone would have wanted this to go. he certainly could have come up with some romantic way eventually to ask about making them official. clearly fiona noticed. he laughed a nervous laugh as well, "ah, yeah, i would have liked a better way to do that," he told her, but he supposed this perhaps suited them. their whole relationship was based on what he would call spur of the moment. he was startled, laughed as she threw herself at him and he wrapped his arms tight around her, lifting her briefly off the ground before setting her back down again. if they weren't in the middle of that department store, he might have kissed her. but he was acutely aware of where they were and the people around them. "you know, my mamma will be wanting to meet you."
alias: emily
hi!
mature: ask first
member group: dory
1175 posts 19855 points
Jan 9 2017, 07:25 AM
maybe it wasn't a romantic picnic atop their rock in central park or in front of the towering tyrannosaurus rex at the museum, but fi didn't require an elaborate display of affection from leone to know that he cared about her. they probably should have had an actual conversation about what they meant to one another a while back, but she hadn't wanted to risk ruining what they had. what if leone truly had just seen her as a friend? she would have ruined their easy friendship by letting him know she wanted more.

laughing as he lifted her, she pressed a quick kiss to his cheek and put a few feet of space between them before she kissed him full on the lips. glancing around them, her cheeks were quick to flush when she noted a few onlookers watching their display. it wasn't every day a fine boy like leone asked her to go steady; she was allowed to be excited. fiona's gaze was quick to snap back to his as he brought up meeting his ma. "but i was hoping to learn more italian before i meet her! ciao and grazie aren't enough. how will i introduce myself?" he loved his ma so she was an important woman to impress. not to mention all his siblings and his pa. his family meant the world to him. she wanted to leave a good impression on them.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Jan 10 2017, 06:24 AM
"they'll like you," leone replied, with confidence, though he did have some small worry that they wouldn't like that she wasn't italian. that she was irish... but surely the fact that she was kind, that he clearly was fond of her, would win them over even if they had any doubts. he pulled aface as she declared they should go to lunch, that it'd be her treat. "but i came here to surprise you, to buy lunch for you," he told her, though he knew he was fighting a losing battle. she didn't like it when he tried to spend money on her, while trying not to let her contribute in the slightest. but if she was his girl, he felt he should be the one taking care of her, paying for their meals and anything else they did. he already had grand plans to taking her to a carnival coming into the city, but he'd have to hold off on telling her so that when he took her to it, she might not be prepared with any money to spend. he followed her as she took his hand, "perhaps i should wait outside?" he suggested, not sure if he should be joining her back in the offices to speak with her boss.
alias: emily
hi!
mature: ask first
member group: dory
1175 posts 19855 points
Jan 10 2017, 10:14 AM
a pleased smile and a soft flush to her cheeks was quick to follow leone's insistence that his family would like her. considering how much they meant to him, it was a comforting assurance. she wasn't italian, but she hoped they would appreciate that she was trying to learn as much as she could about their culture. in addition to the usual nervousness that came along with meeting a boy's family for the first time, there was a particular excitement as well. while the city had started to feel more like her home, she missed having a family nearby. she missed being surrounded by people who loved one another unconditionally. "but you got me that hot dog and pretzel last time we went to the park, so it's my turn," she insisted, but because she didn't want him to think she didn't appreciate how thoughtful he was, she was quick to add, "you can buy me a slice of carrot cake! the diner next door has the absolute best carrot cake." see, a compromise.

fi was about to assure him that it would be fine as they approached the offices, but she instinctively dropped her hold on leone as mrs. howard's ominous "miss flynn, a moment" cut through the background noise of the department store. "okay, i- i'll meet you out front," she said before hurrying into mrs. howard's office.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Jan 11 2017, 06:22 AM
leone's mouth tightened as she pointed out that he'd bought her a hot dog and pretzel the last time they'd gone out, so obviously it was her turn to buy things. he wanted to remind her that she was saving to become a nurse, but then she'd likely remind him that he was helping to support his family. it'd be an endless cycle, and likely one that she would win. his mother had made it quite clear to him, from a young age, that women were always right. he wasn't sure how much he believed that, but he did believe that women always thought they were right. as fiona sought a compromise, he smiled a little, "all right, i'll buy you carrot cake, then..."

he would have ended up insisting that he stay behind, and he felt his instincts had been correct when mrs. howard's rather ominous tone rose to greet them.. and fiona quite promptly released his hand. "all right.." he said slowly, a little worried. surely the woman could not be angry about leone's intervention, or that fiona had refused to flirt and give that customer the time of day. he hesistated a moment before walking away to stand out front the department store and wait for fiona.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Jan 12 2017, 03:53 PM
leone had worried about the sort of woman that this mrs. howard was, if she would call fiona to her office over this incident with that man. he thought surely she'd been scolded, told that the customer was always to be respected. that a customer was always right. he wasn't sure what he would have done if mrs. howard had believed the man over her own employee. he would have felt slightly guilty, feeling he was some cause of her losing her job, but at the same time, there would have been no way he could stand back and let her be harrassed. he'd thought the worst when fiona had come storming out. it was a relief to hear it was the exact opposite. he smiled slightly as she told him she was scolded for flirting with her boyfriend. "unless, of course, i have to save you again," he replied. he squeezed her hand, pulling her closer to him. "shall we go get your carrot cake?"
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Jan 18 2017, 01:27 PM
leone laughed softly as she said the onion rings were incredible. "well, i guess i'd better have some, then," he replied. his mother would look on in horror, as she believed that leone should stay loyal to italian foods. but he always pointed out that they lived in america. they needed to enjoy all the foods that the other cultures brought here. she'd always just shake her head, but smile, clearly pleased that her son was such a true american. he led fiona to a table and sat down, pulling a menu open in front of him. onions rings. a burger. he thought that was probably as american as anyone could get. he looked up at fi, smiling, "'course i was serious. she's going to love you; or just the fact she might think she's that much closer to a daughter-in-law and grandchildren..."
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
Pages: (7) « First ... 4 5 6 7 
add reply
new poll

KEEP ALL CBOX CONTENT PG-13!