welcome to cosl!
we are a six-year-old, free-for-all, multiple verses roleplay. register with a username in lowercase that has your alias in it, and make sure you read all the topics in the important forum before continuing. if you need help, contact a staff member and we'll be happy to help you! please join our discord server!
featured member

Add Reply
New Poll

the human heart, kendy cane | 'laura'

isa

isa     25 years old     she/her
telegram + discord
gmt +8
blackstreet
7764 posts
409235 points
currently Offline
Dec 13 2016, 01:36 AM         Quote        
The castle, as always, looked beautiful during this time of year. It seemed that the house elves outdid themselves, adopting the traditionally festive theme but somehow making a deal with the fairies to have them dance around the ceilings at night while the candle flames danced merrily on the tables below. It was a rather romantic sight, accented only by the softly falling snow outside of the lofty castle. From her place at the head table, Johanna smiled at the lovely albeit lonely sight before her, her cheeks tinged a slight pink from the mulled mead that she had been drinking, a staple at the table since the winter holidays had begun. As always, during this time of year, most of the students, and good number of the professors departed the castle for the holidays leaving a handful of them to hold down the fort. Lately she had been engaging in games of exploding snap with some of the students to while away the time, and catching upon her reading. It was definitely a welcome change from the usual sound and clamour that failled the halls but the neophyte professor couldn't help but hope for more to do.

Rising from her place, Johanna nodded her goodbye to Professor McGonnagall who cheerily waved her off. It didn't escape Johanna's notice that the headmaster's face was two shades darker than her own but she made no mention of it, it was Christmas time after all and Christmas day was a mere two days away – letting one's hair down seemed inevitable. She walked down the aisles in between the tables and made the walk to her room when she spied one of her students lingering toward the great Hall entrance. The corners of her mouth curled into a slight smile as she fell into step with the girl. "I thought you'd gone home for the holidays," she said as they walked the corridors, their bodies falling out of the line of sight of any one who might be watching her from the great hall.

0707 - i will die listening to carly rae jepsen's "cut to the feeling"
TRIGGERS     i don't know her.
yes to 18+ threads

kend

kend     21 years old     she/her
discord @ the_weekend#0263
gmt-8
boyz 2 men
2635 posts
41865 points
currently Offline
Dec 14 2016, 01:12 AM         Quote        
prior to her enrollment at hogwarts, matilda had never been a fan of the holidays. they consisted of crammed family events and at least one fist-fight breaking out amongst the family caroling they always attempted. with ten aunts and uncles between her mother and her father and six siblings of her own, she'd never been able to get a word in edgewise. she was nothing more than furniture where her parents were concerned, yet another child to take care of the household tasks during break. it had taken her first three years to convince her mother it would be best if she stayed at school over the holidays, and even then it had come at a price but a price that she was more than willing to pay for time to herself. she relished in the silence of the castle at winter time, with most students gone home and those remaining keeping to themselves for the most part. it felt as though she had the vast campus to herself at times, and when the snow fell on the quad she felt as though she were in her own personal snow globe.

everyone seemed more relaxed the nearer it drew to christmas - even their headmaster had seemed to loosen her robe a few notches, her jovial laugh filling the great hall as they'd enjoyed another in a series of incredible holiday meals. the air was lighter with all of the professors flushed and merry for the holiday season and it had made it just that much easier for matti to slip away. and it had made it easier, then, for her favorite professor to fall in step with her, their hands brushing every few steps. a small smile pulled at the corner of her lips as they walked, one shoulder shrugging lightly. "my house around the holidays is....hectic. to say the least. it's much more peaceful here. better company, too."

i$a.

8/21; my birthday was on the 18th and i'm honestly sTILL recovering. august/early sept. is a busy time but i'll get and get to replies just be patient with me lil soybeans xoxo
TRIGGERS     self-harm | suicide
yes to 18+ threads

isa

telegram + discord
gmt +8
blackstreet
7764 posts
409235 points
currently Offline
Jan 11 2017, 11:49 PM         Quote        
going back to her small cottage didn't feel necessary over the holidays anymore. there was no longer any warmth waiting for her and there hadn't really beenanything to go home to. an only child with both ehr parents constantly away – going home just seemed...irrelevant, an unnecessary hassle that she had been happily foregoing for the past ew years. ever since her break up with her muggle boyfriend four years ago, johanna felt little reason to go back home. hogwarts was warm and comfortable, quiet without the feeling of unbearable loneliness, and never without things to do. her presence over the holidays during the first year that she had stayed had certainly raised a few eyebrows as she had opted to make the trip back in the years prior, but nothing was said and soon johanna's presence in the castle over the winter was a staple, much like many of the other professors'. there was much more to be called home, and many more warm and fuzzy feelingsto be found in the drafty castle anyway.

as they walked a bit further, johanna idly le her fingers brush against matilda's, a warmth glow tinging her cheeks that was certainly not just because of the alcohol. matilda had always been a special student – bright, earnest, talented, inquisitive – a model student whom any professor would be lucky to have in their class. when she had been deemed eligible for johanna's transfiguration newt class, she couldn't have been more delighted to have her back as a student. she chuckled at the commentary, finding that she shared the same sentiments. "that's true, well, where are you off to now? it's still early and i hear someone's about to start an illegal exploding snap tournament." truth be told johanna wasn't actually sure if matilda was an avid exploding snap player but she wasn't particularly keen on letting the conversation simply die just as it was taking her a lot of effort to not just hold her hand entirely. the castle was certainly dark but never short of prying eyes.

ooc: WOW bae im so sorry i almost forgot this existed
yes to 18+ threads

kend

gmt-8
boyz 2 men
2635 posts
41865 points
currently Offline
Jan 28 2017, 03:44 PM         Quote        
matilda had always done fairly well in school - despite her half-blood status which many still seemed to think kept her at a disadvantage, she was a quick study and more than willing to put in the time for her schooling. it helped, she supposed, that she was typically well liked by her professors. she was an amiable girl, quiet and yet willing to answer questions, kind to those around her and generally good-tempered. of all her professors, though, matti had always felt particularly drawn to johanna who had helped turn transfigurations from one of her most dreaded subjects to her favorite. of the professors matti had encountered, johanna was by far the most patient and kinder than matti often felt she deserved given the amount of questions she asked. still, the two had grown close over the years and even more so now that matilda had been granted into johanna's new class. closer, perhaps, than a student and their professor ought to have been.

matilda couldn't help the way she smiled when she was with the older woman, though, and as the continued down the hallway she found she also couldn't help the way she kept glancing over at johanna, or the way her pinky - seemingly with a mind of it's own - linked with that of the woman beside her. "i'm afraid i'm not much for exploding snap...far too jumpy," she admitted with a small laugh. "not much for crowds, either....i much prefer the company of a few...or one," she admitted coyly, the blood pooling in her cheeks as she offered a small grin to her professor. "what about you? don't the professors usually have a gathering once the students have all made their way back to the dorms?"

i$a.

8/21; my birthday was on the 18th and i'm honestly sTILL recovering. august/early sept. is a busy time but i'll get and get to replies just be patient with me lil soybeans xoxo
yes to 18+ threads

isa

telegram + discord
gmt +8
blackstreet
7764 posts
409235 points
currently Offline
Feb 19 2017, 04:09 PM         Quote        
friendships between teachers and students were generally not frowned upon in hogwarts. after all, for a good chunk of the year, teachers were the only adults that students ever saw and so straddling the fence of professionalism wasn’t uncommon. of course, there were lines in between these relationships and most teachers and students managed to keep that line uncrossed; johanna, however, as she glanced at matti, asked herself, if it would be so bad to show more than what was considered a healthy amount of concern. she felt a jolt rush up her arm when matti’s pinky looped with hers and a pink flush colored her cheeks. she was surprised that matilda had accompanied her this far, but at the same time, a part of her knew that that her presence was deliberate. after all, they had passed the turn to her dorm a few moments ago.

”what do you enjoy doing then?” she ventured as they contineud down the hall to her office where she had planned to get some paper checking done over th holidays. while she was in hogwarts, she might as well welcome her students back with their grades. there was no doubt in johanna’s mind that matti had passed, however, she was brilliant. she hummed softly, matti’s comment about the company she preferred she had gone unnoticed. ”we do. but i don’t feel like going this year.” she responded with a smile as the reached her office, locked in her absence. taking her key from her pocket, she looked at matilda and inclined her head inside. ”do you want to come in? you can help me check some fourth years’ papers. i’m sure you’re more than familiar with the laws regarding animal transfiguration.”

johanna and matilda’s relationship had always been warm – much warmer perhaps than the affection and concern that johanna showedher students. she tried to be fair, as fair as she oculd possibly be considering that she was the only transfiguration professor for the entire school ( a peculiar system, she had always felt) but she felt a certain affinity for matilda. upon their entering her room, she shut the door behind her. ”you can just confortable anywhere. i’m making tea.” she pointed to the arm chair in thecorner of her room before going to busy herself with the kettle. ”do you mind chai?” she smiled,bringing out a spice blend she’d picked up on one of her travels.

yes to 18+ threads

kend

gmt-8
boyz 2 men
2635 posts
41865 points
currently Offline
Feb 21 2017, 12:50 AM         Quote        
it was uncharted territory, this blurred line that johanna and matilda were dangerously close to crossing. matti tried to maintain that she had completely innocent intentions in spending more time with her professor, but as she glanced down at the way their pinkies kept them connected, she knew there was more beneath the surface than either of them were completely letting on. if nothing else, the charming shade of pink that johanna's cheeks had turned was a clear indication that it was more than a student keeping her professor company on the way back to her office.

the conversation turned back toward her and she offered a small shrug, smiling at the cobbled stones beneath their feet as they walked. "well i like painting," she offered with a bashful laugh. "i'm not very good at it by any means, but it's relaxing. other than that i like to read and write...and i like to bake," she added, smiling over at johanna. "your typical introvert hobbies, i guess," she admitted shyly. truthfully matti kept herself distant from people as often as she could, preferring the company of a few to the company of many. "what do you like to do?"

the invitation caught her off guard, though it wasn't entirely unwelcome. she could feel the deep red color pooling in her cheeks again as she nodded probably too eagerly. "y-yeah, that'd be nice!" she answered with a bright smile, following johanna into her office, teeth sinking into her lower lip as johanna closed the door behind them. something about being alone with her professor felt taboo and yet being alone with johanna was all matti had been able to think about for what fell like weeks now. the relationship between the two of them had grown so deep - beyond that of a professor and a student. she took a moment to look around before taking a seat where she was directed. "chai would be lovely," she answered with a small smile, looking through the picture on johanna's bookshelf. "you've traveled a bit then, yeah?"

yes to 18+ threads

isa

telegram + discord
gmt +8
blackstreet
7764 posts
409235 points
currently Offline
Mar 4 2017, 09:51 AM         Quote        
extending invitations to her office was hardly one of her usual practices when it came to her students, usually preferring to meet them in classrooms or other common areas. her office was her private space and she usually only welcome students in emergencies. if they absolutely needed to see her an owl would suffice and she'd meet them elsewhere. however, inviting matti in didn't feel strange at all. her friendship with matti certainly hovered around the more than friendly area sometimes, which gave her pause less often than she thought. matti was brilliant, however, far more mature than her peers, and a pleasant conversationalist, which johanna appreciated sincerely. as she brewed the tea, she decided not to linger so much on the nature of their friendship seeing as that usually lead to her pulling away from the person who occupied her thoughts and well, not being around matilda so much bothered more than she thought. "good girl, creative," she nodded, "i'd love to have one of your paintings up on one of my walls, i can show you later," she gestured waved absently, remembering one of the unadorned corners in her office?

"do you paint in the muggle style...or do your paintings move also?" she mused aloud, casting matti a glance, waving off he comment about introvert hobbies with a chuckle. "hardly typical. glad you just have more on your brain than quidditch and studying. this place could honestly rework its curriculum a little." johanna laughed. the schedule had honestly not changed since her own student dats and students like matti were refreshing. "aside travel? i write essays, knit, honestly...an introvert hobby if there ever was one," she giggled, smiling at her as they entered. a little sigh left her lips as she took in her space, glad to be somewhere where she could get comfortable, the door to her quarters in the far corner of the office.

as she handed matti the cup, her fingers brushing over the other's girl's lightly, she caught her studying one of the photos on her shelf. "yeah, all over. my parents are magical researchers...they write books about magic in other countries and growing up, i kind of just tagged along." she hadn't had time to think about what it meant to invite matti in either, it was certainly peculiar and there was no particular purpose to her inviting matti in except that their pinkies linking and brushing against each other lingered in her mind and left a inexplicable yearning for a bit more contact. "it stuck, i suppose and here we are. me trying t teach and see the world at the same time." she smiled at matti over her own cup, hovering behind her standing close. "have a seat, matti, or explore, although there isn't much to see." she said, pointing her wand at the fireplace to give the room some much needed warmth.

yes to 18+ threads
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

please keep the cbox pg 13!