welcome to cosl!
WE ARE A FIVE-YEAR-OLD, FREE-FOR-ALL, MULTIPLE VERSES ROLEPLAY. REGISTER WITH A USERNAME IN LOWERCASE THAT HAS YOUR ALIAS IN IT, AND MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL THE TOPICS IN THE IMPORTANT FORUM BEFORE CONTINUING. IF YOU NEED HELP, CONTACT A STAFF MEMBER AND WE'LL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU!
spotlight member: aleina

add reply
new poll

o brave new world, history + fantasy
miranda
24 years old
she/her
arizona
aim
mature threads? yes
hi all! new here and very excited to get started plotting :D
skam
days of yore +
So I love me some history, but most of all I love a good history/fantasy mash-up! I'm hoping to get some fun plots, so feel free to toss ideas at me :D

My favorite eras are ancient Greece (Maenads! Rebellious women! Sappho!), the Restoration Era (especially regarding the first actresses on the English stage), the French Revolution, the late Victorian from the 1870s - 1880s, the Gay Nineties (let's play around with awesome suffragists!), the Edwardian Era, the '20s and a bit of WWII.

If you can't tell, I'm really interested in women's roles in history, so basically any era interests me if it has that sort of slant to it. Give me rebellious ladies rising up against the patriarchy any day. For historical plots I'm really into fxf but also like mxm and occasional mxf - but I'm also into queer history, so I'd rather keep things pretty non-hetero.

specific plot ideas to follow.
© kristen
miranda
24 years old
she/her
arizona
aim
mature threads? yes
skam
i'd rather charleston+
i just want awesome creepy vampires in the 1920s! flappers! jazz players! speakeasies where willing participants offer their blood on tap alongside the bathtub gin!

as for faces, i love the idea of going with authentic faces from the 1920s, especially silent movie actors/actresses.

i have a few specific character ideas, but would be open to other things:

lamia

she's been around for ages, but this era is fast becoming one of her favorites. she's the origin of most of the stories you hear about scary women, from delilah to lady bathory, but she's really not all that bad! these days she mostly sticks to singing at the club for her sort, although she's always on the lookout for a fresh face.

suggested faces: pola negri. dolores del rio.

mab

mabel, or 'mab' for short, doesn't know what she's getting herself into when she goes to her first speakeasy only to find herself entranced by jazz singer lamia. soon she falls under the spell of the vampire's charms and in over her head in a world unlike anything she expected.

suggested faces: clara bow. lillian gish. mary pickford.

ed

when lamia turned ed thirty years ago, he was her shiny new toy, but he's been relegated to back-up now that she's taken an interest in mab. whether he's jealous or happy to have some of the pressure off is up to you. he's a gifted musician who plays in lamia's band and enjoys entrancing pretty young humans.

suggested faces: young louis armstrong. herb alpert. thelonious monk.
© kristen
sisi
26 years old
feminine.
est.
withoutyourconsent (aim)
mature threads? yes
05 January: hallo meine lieben! <3 i just joined the site with a bunch friends, but as an extrovert, i am always looking for more plots and friends. i am pretty much open for anything. so, feel free to message me and we can work something out. cheers!
law & order: svu
miranda!!!! this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

like you, i absolutely love history and am very intrigued by the roles women played throughout it. my undergrad degree is in history and associates in brit literature. with that said, i would love to write a lesbian/bisexual plot between marie antoinette x another queen. it does not necessarily have to be historically accurate (cannot believe i just wrote that - lmao). we can have our characters totally au or personified by specific characters from history. what are your thoughts? as for faces, do you have objections to gugu mbatha raw x cate blanchett? or really anyone? <3 pls!

miranda
24 years old
she/her
arizona
aim
mature threads? yes
skam
empress sisi - That sounds fascinating! I can't say I'm familiar enough with political figures and queens from that time of history to feel entirely comfortable picking one, but if you have any suggestions I'll take them! Or if you're wanting something totally ahistorical (AUs or personified, as you said) I have a great love for Nell Gwyn. She wasn't a queen, exactly, but she was a mistress to Charles II. And Gugu Mbatha-Raw portrayed her in a recent theatre production, so she'd make a great face~
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
add reply
new poll

please keep all content pg-13

cbox mods
aleina
andrea
channy
hawk