Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
add reply
new poll

ROAM WHERE YOU WANT TO, ally in my head / isla
alias: charlie
pronouns: she/her
[feb 9] v busy with work and school, not currently making new plots. :///
timezone: pacific
mature: yes
member group: buzz lightyear
6661 posts 216230 points
Dec 12 2016, 12:24 AM
abdicating from the throne was the best decision that emrys had ever made. his family was still waiting for him to leave isla and come back to the manor but there wasn't a single part of him that was interested in that. for a man who hadn't been able to make very many of his own choices in life, he'd been very sure about this one. he still had more money than he'd ever know what to do with, but everything about his life had become simplified and he was happy that way. he'd traded in a castle for a two bedroom apartment in another country, biking most places instead of taking a limo. he'd learned how to pay his own bills, how to grocery shop, how to be normal. isla was the person he had to thank for this and for his happiness. emrys has a smile on his face like usual, heading into their apartment as he whistles to himself. he's had a fairly productive day of errand running and hearing isla in the shower makes him smile wider. there are a few presents in the paper bag that he really didn't want to wait to give her. "isla, i brought you something from the bookstore," he tells her, popping the bathroom door open to speak to her. "are you almost done in there?"
alias: ally
1/9 - hi my name is ally and i'm absolute trash
timezone: est
member group: moana
23154 posts 976320 points
Dec 20 2016, 12:40 PM
Sometimes, especially in simple moments like these, Isla had a terrible habit overthinking things. She would like to say that she was as unconditionally in love as Emrys was, but it was a little harder for her. She was more comfortable with it now, of course, or else she would have never agreed to any of this. Sometimes though... sometimes she couldn't help but to feel like she was living a life that was meant for someone else. Surely she had never done anything to deserve this kind of happiness? "Yeah? That was really sweet of you." Despite experiencing a moment of self-doubt, she allowed Emrys to pull her closer and made herself comfortable in his lap, adjusting the towel accordingly. Then she reached over while he kissed her shoulder to fish the books out of the bag. It was really impossible for her not to smile because Isla couldn't even imagine the dilemma he must have had while picking out angry feminist novels. "I actually haven't read any of these so... they're perfect. You're perfect." A few months ago she probably would have gagged at the thought of saying something so cheesy but she couldn't help herself because she knew how much he'd enjoy hearing it. Isla even leaned back a little to give him a kiss on the cheek.

charlie sometimes
Dec 22 2016, 08:08 AM
"I know we can. I don't think you've ever told me no before." When she says this, she doesn't mean it like he spoils her (which he definitely does), Emrys is just too nice to say no. It was either that, or he was afraid to, but she was really hoping that they reached the point in their relationship where he wasn't afraid of her like that. Even though she might understand it if he still was. Isla looked at each of the books then set them aside, then actually allowed herself to smile a little into his kiss afterwards. She had to admit, Emrys was a pretty great kisser and she rather enjoyed the affection now. "Hmm..." Of course she wasn't really going to tell him no either, since she was almost as bad as him with the nice thing now and it kind of brought her a little joy to see him happy, but she bit at her lip in a thoughtful sort of way while she got up from his lap. "Sure, but you can take me somewhere nice if you want to. It'll give me an excuse to wear one of those dresses hanging in the closet." Isla winked at him and grinned as she opened the second dresser drawer, pulling out one of his soft sweaters that were way too big on her but comfy nonetheless. She ditched the towel and slipped it. "Or y'know, we could stay here and be naked all day."

charlie sometimes
6661 posts 216230 points
Jan 5 2017, 04:06 AM
isla was definitely the more dominant person, both in and out of their relationship. even when he'd first started talking to her in the palace kitchen, she'd been more authoritative than he was. isla might have been the person who'd helped emrys realize that he had the ability to make decisions to himself and showed him how to stop letting everyone control him, but he still preferred to let her take the lead. emrys smiles as isla climbs back onto his lap, allowing her to push him down without a struggle. "my favorite color on you is definitely blue," he smiles, shrugging out of his shirt once she finishes completely unbuttoning it. "what about the strapless one?" truthfully emrys probably knew isla's wardrobe better than she did, considering that he'd purchased the majority of her clothing as gifts. he could have listed his top five favorite of her dresses by designer and purchase date but he'd learned that the casual approach to these things was probably for the best. he puts his hands under her sweater on her bare hips, pleased to see where she's going with all of this. "am i being too demand if i ask you to wear a pair of heels? if they start pinching your feet you can make me suffer later by digging your heels into my back, maybe?" the grin on emrys' face said he knew that would be just as much fun for him as it would be for her, but he thought it was worth a try anyway.
Jan 5 2017, 08:29 PM
"Blue, huh? No wonder I have so much of it." Isla smiled a little, even though she had been pretty resistant to the idea of him buying her literally anything for the longest time. It wasn't so much that she couldn't appreciate a gift, but more than she had spent a long time not wanting to be dependent on him. She had gotten a little better about it now, though that was mostly because she forced herself to stop overthinking about everything all the time. "You'll have to pull it out later. I can't remember exactly which one you're talking about it." That was partly because he was now shirtless and also because she didn't typically wear dresses. Isla trailed her fingers down his chest, looking at him adoringly. Where she had taught him to be stronger and more independent, he made her learn how to be a little softer and definitely more open with her feelings. It scared her some of the time but right now she was comfortable with being vulnerable. "I'll wear whatever you want, handsome. But I'll keep that suggestion in mind for later." She smiled some as she leaned over, taking his face into her hands so she could kiss him. Maybe any other time she might have kicked up more of a fuss about all this wardrobe instructions but right now she really didn't care.

charlie sometimes
6661 posts 216230 points
Jan 5 2017, 10:04 PM
though emrys was more than happy when it came to his relationship but there were some hard days. isla had some insecurities about their relationship that he could understand but couldn't necessarily relate to. love was easy for him. he knew what he felt for isla and he was secure knowing that she felt the same way about him. he knew why she had trust issues and did his best to respect them. he was going to marry her one day, he had no doubts about that, and he knew that meant being there for her when she was down as well as up. it all just made him appreciate these moments more, the ones where she kept her walls down and let herself be happy with him. "we can find it later," emrys smiles, temporarily taking a hand off of her hip in order to tuck a strand of wet hair behind her ear. "i really don't want either of us to have to get up at the moment." luckily isla didn't seem to be in a rush to move either. normally emrys would go for it and remove the sweater that she's wearing but he also likes to be as considerate as possible. she did just get out of the shower so he just slides his hands up her back instead, pulling her closer to his chest.
Jan 9 2017, 02:42 AM
Being a woman who had gone through the things she had, Isla had definitely put all her guards up the second Emrys started wanting to be more than just friends with her. Her list of relationships was extremely short and none of them had panned out so well for her. It was one of the reasons why she was so aggressive towards literally everyone because she didn't want people to get the impression that she was some victim who could be walked all over. Her experiences had hardened her but she was learning that it felt pretty nice to love and be loved in return. "How could I forget? It's my favorite way to spend time with you." That probably wasn't entirely true because they shared a lot of moments together that were up there on her list of favorite things, but it suited the tone they were currently setting. Isla smiled at him, completely naked now that he'd removed the sweater she had literally just put on. The way he looked at her was always so fascinating because she had literally never experienced another human being seeing her the way he did. "That's not something I would say no to." Isla leaned down to kiss him again, making this one last a little longer than the one before it. Eventually she rolled off of him and onto her back, but she made sure he followed after her because she wasn't quite through with kissing him yet.

charlie sometimes
6661 posts 216230 points
Jan 12 2017, 03:31 AM
emrys pauses for a second when she says that her favorite way to spend time together is naked. it's a very swift hesitation before he's able to remind himself not to take everything so literally. sarcasm hadn't truly existed in his life until she'd started teaching it to him, and sometimes he still has trouble grasping the real meaning of her words on the first try. "i'm definitely not complaining either," emrys smiles, getting back into the swing of things without any hesitation. if she didn't love him they wouldn't have ever got to this moment where he was a king without a crown, living with a once impenetrable girl in a city that neither of them had any real ties to. truthfully emrys would have been happy to lay there and kiss her all day but he was also always inclined to give her everything she wanted and it was clear where her desires were currently going. he pulls his lips away from hers once he can bring himself to do so, trailing them down her neck. he's not very aggressive but emrys knows what what isla likes so he bites her neck gently before he continues down her skin. "you're welcome to change your mind about dinner if you end up too tired after all of this." emrys grins and nips at her stomach, not feeling in any rush to get where he'd promised to go.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
add reply
new poll

KEEP ALL CBOX CONTENT PG-13!