welcome to cosl, Guest!
our member of the month is
it's the great pumpkin, caroline
WE ARE A SIX-YEAR-OLD, FREE-FOR-ALL, MULTIPLE VERSES ROLEPLAY. REGISTER WITH A USERNAME IN LOWERCASE THAT HAS YOUR ALIAS IN IT, AND MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL THE TOPICS IN THE IMPORTANT FORUM BEFORE CONTINUING. IF YOU NEED HELP, CONTACT A STAFF MEMBER AND WE'LL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU!

Add Reply
New Poll

things we lost, #skwad #until dawn au
07·06·17 i got slightly behind because of the holiday weekend, so expect slow replies as i try to get back on my feet!
SKWAD GOALS
CH. 1 -- UNTIL DAWN ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE

if you've been tagged in this post, that means that you've expressed interest in writing an until dawn inspired group plot. as mentioned previously, this is an alternate universe to the until dawn game. while the premise is similar (dead friends, hauntings, murderers, butterfly effects) we're each going to be making our own characters and the story line will be a little different from that in the game.

as discussed before, the structure of our game is going to involve all members writing their characters as is usual for a group thread. however, at integral points in the story where a decision needs to be made, we will add each option to a randomizer to determine the outcome of the scenario. this is meant to mirror the decision-based plotline in the game itself and will act as a means for killing off characters and creating our butterfly effects.

with this being said, i think our setting should stay similar to the game, meaning set at one of the friends' cabins. possibly not as intricate as the washingtons' lodge, but similar? possibly smaller? less resort and more secluded? probably not wintertime either. could say beginning of summer? i also think that our characters should be 23-25 and maybe fresh out of college. old friends who went away for school (or chose to stay home) and they've all recently graduated and are coming back together? they could've gone to high school together, something happened to a friend of theirs (or they were involved in some crime) after graduating high school. this situation tore them apart and they all went their separate ways after high school. but now they've decided to have a reunion at whoever's cabin and that's when stuff begins to happen to them?

definitely throw out some other ideas! but just go ahead and get started writing out your characters here like you normally would for a plot page and we will go from there about plot and relationship dynamics between them! feel free to play two characters as well, that way we can continue playing even if one of our characters is killed off early on.

// CAST MEMBERS

name: harriet dunsany
title: the basketcase
face claim: kaya scodelario
player: brittney
name: jillian hastings
title: the know-it-all
face claim: alycia debnam-carey
player: brittney
name: jude hastings
title: the golden boy
face claim: kj apa
player: jordan
name: freya helgason
title: the recluse
face claim: naomi scott
player: coti
name: alexa mercado
title: the badass
face claim: camila mendes
player: ash
name: dylan price
title: the princess
face claim: nicola peltz
player: ash
name: vito ricci
title: the title
face claim: nico tortorella
player: curtis
name: callum rossiter
title: the instigator
face claim: gregg sulkin
player: jordan
name: jacob ryder
face claim: dylan o'brien
player: curtis
name: arthur snow
face claim: alfred enoch
player: coti

// THREAD PROGRESSION

the entire skwad in symphony of blase

brittney
pronouns she + her
age 25
timezone est
posts 416 posts
points 11730 points
status Offline
july '17 - work and social life are picking up a little bit this month so i may be on and off, especially over weekends. still love me though.
callum rossiter
25 // PB: GREGG SULKIN

“i am no bird; and no net ensnares me: i am a free human being with an independent will.”

defining traits: INTELLIGENT. DRIVEN. PERSUASIVE.

ever the cocky son-of-a-bitch, callum is one to cause a stir. he's infamous in the group for saying whatever is on his mind, whenever he feels the need to. equiped with his quick wit, smooth words, and fierce competitive nature, cal isn't a boy that you want to turn your back on.

#character study

JUDE HASTINGS
24 // PB: KJ APA

“i am no bird; and no net ensnares me: i am a free human being with an independent will.”

defining traits: compassionate. protective. brave.

typically cast into the role of 'golden boy', jude lives up to his stereotype by caring for all those around him fiercely. willing to see past the flaws of others, even to a fault, the boy is always willing to put himself on the line for others. secretly, he wishes to move away, but can't bear to part with his close friends and family.

#character study
jordan
pronouns he/him
age 24
timezone GMT
posts 400 posts
points 10855 points
status Offline
07·06·17 i got slightly behind because of the holiday weekend, so expect slow replies as i try to get back on my feet!
JILLIAN HASTINGS
24 // PB: ALYCIA DEBNAM-CAREY

“you can't wake up, this is not a dream, you're part of a machine, you are not a human being, well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold.”

defining traits: CURIOUS. UNDERESTIMATED. DEFENSIVE.

often misinterpreted as a "damsel in distress," jillian isn't all that she appears to be. she's the nerdy girl who got pretty after high school and people have a hard time recognizing her. she hates being underestimated, and goes over the top to prove herself sometimes. she's somewhat abrasive in her know-it-all attitude, but she has good intentions.

#character study

HARRIET DUNSANY
24 // PB: KAYA SCODELARIO

“the ghosts inside my head are moving furniture and eating dynamite, that's why i feel so old, all these spectres need a better place to go.”

defining traits: TEMPERAMENTAL. ECCENTRIC. TOMBOY.

forever pegged as "the weirdo," harriet was raised by her single father and found more comfort in her comic books and alien conspiracy theories than typical things girls her age were interested in. she lives in her own world most of the time and is most likely to jump to the most obscure conclusions about a situation. she's unique and big-hearted, but believes in some of the oddest things that makes her come across somewhat creepy to her friends.

#character study
brittney
pronouns she + her
age 25
timezone est
posts 416 posts
points 11730 points
status Offline
6.17.17 -- it's been a looooong hiatus, but i'm back and slowly getting into more plots. if you have an interest in doing something with me, it might be best to pm me directly with any ideas. <3
ALEXA MERCADO
23 // PB: CAMILA MENDES

“your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

defining traits: SPONTANEOUS. SECRETIVE. COMBATIVE.

she's the girl your parents forbade you to hang out with, fingers permanently nursing the butt of a cigarette between them. from the wrong side of the tracks, alexa's rough exterior doesn't come without reason. floating from foster home to foster home for her entire adolescent life did a number on the twenty-three year old's willingness to trust. her walls are nearly impossible to penetrate, but with her own mother in prison for murder - who can blame her? despite her sob story, alexa isn't without her merits. over the years, shes accumulated a number of street smarts - including how to fire a gun and a quick tongue. the secrets she keeps tend to push her friends at arm's length, making her an enigma to even the ones closest to her.

#character study

DYLAN PRICE
24 // PB: NICOLA PELTZ

“i shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; i lift my eyes and all is born again.”

defining traits: PRIVILEGED. SOPHISTICATED. LOYAL.

dylan price was homecoming queen three out of her four years as a high school student, the senior class president, and queen bae of that drab hive. she walked the halls with the utmost confidence and made sure to keep her sickeningly sweet reputation in tact. looking back, she feels she may have lived too much of her life behind a mask and now aims to expose a more genuine self. her family remains one of the wealthiest in their washington community, a privilege that allowed dylan the means to flee to new york city when things got messy between her and those old friends she used to have. for the past few years, she's been interning at glamour magazine in hopes of becoming an editor in the near future. she hasn't kept up much in the way of contacting her high school friends and feels she might be more out of the loop than anyone.

#character study
ash
pronouns she + her
age 27
timezone est
posts 204 posts
points 2805 points
status Offline
06.14.2017 : so after many months on hiatus, i'm back and slowly working myself back into skinny love. i'm excited to be back and looking to take on a few new plots and bring back some old ones. this is an exciting time for me and hopefully this place is as great as i remembered it being.
FREYA HELGASON
24 // PB: NAOMI SCOTT

defining traits: INTELLECTUAL. ELUSIVE. ROBUST.

she was like water: very soft and submissive. it took years and countless blows to freya’s self-confidence to understand that water could also be strong and decisive. kindly rejecting societal norms and labels, the woman learned to distance herself from those who refused to accept her need to thrive. no longer is she easily intimidated; nor does she involve herself within conflict. instead – freya has become known as a voice of reason and walks around with a warm smile. she’s mature for her age and sometimes has trouble immersing herself into scenarios that most would easily welcome. thankfully, this doesn’t seem to bother her and why should it? she’s her own individual complete with a unique moral compass. no one can take that from her anymore and she’s confident in that.

#character study

ARTHUR SNOW
25 // PB: ALFRED ENOCH

“I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.”

defining traits: ANALYTICAL. WARM. DECEIVING.

naturally, most would assume that the former athlete came from a prominent and wealthy background. while that wasn’t true, arthur was comfortable with his friends crafting his identity for him. in truth – the boy was raised by an alcoholic mother and has never met his father. this would have bothered most kids but arthur found his solace in all forms of literature. athletics came into the picture when he needed to find a way to secure a college education and a scholarship. the thing about ari is that he’s very humble, analytical, and can be opinionated when someone comes for him and his friends. yes, there are some lie that he’s fostered but only for the sake of fitting in. deep down he’s a mellow man to be around and make a conscious effort to make sure everyone is comfortable with him.

#character study
nico
pronouns him + he
age 27
timezone eastern
posts 9659 posts
points 15705 points
status Offline
VITO RICCI
25 // PB: NICO TORTORELLA

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”

defining traits: SASSY. LOVABLE. ALOOF.

in every group of friends there's always that one person who can't seem to take anything seriously in life, and in this group that's vito. nothing seems to get under his skin, regardless of how damaging it was meant to be. to those looking in it would seem that he's strong and independent, a man who can forge his own path and constantly keep his head above the water. however, on the inside there's a more conflicted reality, an insecure man who tries to cover the fact that he's not the sharpest person by remaining as lovable as possible. further to this, there just isn't much in life that vito can actually comprehend. some may believe that he feigns ignorance and that no person could actually be that aloof, but there's no acting when it comes to vito, that is actually the way he is.

#character study

JACOB RYDER
24 // PB: DYLAN O'BRIEN

"Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night."

defining traits: INDECISIVE. WITHDRAWN. DIPLOMATIC.

death has always played a prominent role in jake's life. when he was seven his mother passed away, and since then he has lost his father, younger sister, and most of his grandparents. this constantly cascade of loss has forced the man to withdraw into the solitude of his own self, even when he's surrounded by others. opening up to others - even his friends - isn't his strong suit, and yet he still finds himself being the voice of reason whenever conflict bubbles up. while not affectionate or overly endearing, he does at least put on the mask of a man who is surviving.

#character study
teezy
pronouns he + him
age 26
timezone est
posts 8050 posts
points 2255 points
status Offline
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

KEEP ALL CBOX CONTENT PG-13!