welcome to cosl!
we are a six-year-old, free-for-all, multiple verses roleplay. register with a username in lowercase that has your alias in it, and make sure you read all the topics in the important forum before continuing. if you need help, contact a staff member and we'll be happy to help you! please join our discord server!
featured member

Add Reply
New Poll

i'm a mess, around you, bria / sophie

๐Ÿ nicolebra

nicole     22 years old     she/her
pm
eastern
mya
72 posts
365 points
currently Offline
Aug 6 2016, 03:36 AM         Quote        

user posted image
The idea of marrying someone he did not know was not appealing. Albeit, they had met before the wedding; they simply did not get any time to get use to or know one another on more than an acquaintanceship level. Her discomfort at their "wedding" was understandable, and if Stephen did not have to put on a face for everyone who had attended, he might have left and asked Sophie if she wanted to come with him. Arranged marriages might not be unheard of, but he never expected to be put in one himself. He thought he was past the age of that being a possibility -- he was obviously mistaken.

Now, the wedding was over, he was married, and the couple was finally moving into their joint corporate apartment. Stephen felt it was odd walking into a space with someone else and knowing that she and him were connected together for the foreseeable future. He had originally been against the idea. However, he now wanted to make the best of things, even if the situation was a bit uncomfortable. Unfortunately, Stephen was not sure what he was suppose to say to her as they tried to make this apartment their home. He glanced at her in silence as he made his way to a short stack of boxes that were marked with his name.

A part of him really wanted to get tonight over with.
notes: idek. he doesn't even know. we're all silent, uncomfortable, and lost. also i just realized in the tv movie this gif is from his love interest was a woman named sophie. what kind of FATE

bria o'conner
TRIGGERS     rape, sexual assault, drunk driving
yes to 18+ threads

bria !

bria     29 years old     she / her
pm for aim
est
mariah carey
214 posts
1660 points
currently Offline
Aug 10 2016, 09:27 PM         Quote        
the passing of her father, one of the owners ofthe largest companies at the moment, was the hardest day for sophie. your always raised with the knowledge of knowing that life is not infinite. it ends to make room for the new. despite knowing that knowledge, losing a parent so quickly is never expected. the thought of having to marry into his partners family in order to keep her fathers parts of the from being taken over by another firm, it wasn't exactly something she thought she'd ever have to do. by the time he father passed of old age, she'd have a husband. a husband that cared and that had known enough about the company to take her father's position with ease, but things didn't happen that way. who knew that arranged marriages would become a thing of the future again?

after the wedding, which as awkward as could possibly get, the pair arrived at their the apartment they would make a home in. it was provided by the company, which she felt only made sense. turns out, unpacking could be as awkward as the time she'd spent infront of all those peoples making vows to someone who was still a stranger in all honesty. as she exited the bedroom with a flattened box that she'd already unpacked, she forced a smile as she passed him. this was going to take ages to get used to. propping the box next to the door, she made her was back to where he was to look for the next box to unpack. "sorry i just need to grab..." she spoke as she squeezed by him, "this box right here." her attempts to lift the box marked for the kitchen were a bit sad. "could i borrow you for a second?" she asked as she pointed to the box she needed to be moved.

07/05/17 - maybe i'm back?
TRIGGERS     incest (blood related) mostly, graphic abuse, but i'm generally down for anything just please talk to me about it first!
ask first to 18+ threads

๐Ÿ nicolebra

pm
eastern
mya
72 posts
365 points
currently Offline
Aug 15 2016, 10:41 PM         Quote        

user posted image
Stephen knew what it was like to lose a parent. He had been young when his mother passed away, leaving Stephen, his father, and his sister to a life without her. Stephen had struggled for a long time, never quite dealing with the loss in an effective way. He had pushed aside the thought of properly grieving until he was older, and at that point, it almost did not feel like a choice. Stephen had broken down, the A.I. and his sister understanding witnesses to his moment of vulnerability. He had no idea he needed to feel that pain in order to move forward until it happened. The entire thing was a blessing and a curse.

He was not sure what stage Sophie was at, but also did not ask. Stephen did not know her, and he knew better than to butt in where he did not belong. The wedding had been awkward enough; he did not need to add "intrusive new husband" to the list. He wanted to make the best of things, even if he was not sure how (and he was sure that was not the way to go about it). For now, all he could think to do is give her a genuine close-tipped smile in return of the smile she gave him. (He briefly wondered how long they would be this uncomfortable around each other before going back to the task in front of him.) A short look of surprised crossed his face when she squeezed by him. Stephen tried to move back, but the act was not very effective in separating them as she moved passed. Once she went to the box she was looking for, Stephen moved to pick up another book from the box he had been taking things out of. However, his attention diverted to his wife's request. He raised his brows, "Sure," he replied, placing his book back down and taking a step towards her. Bending down, he easily lifted up and shifted the aforementioned box to where he felt comfortable. "Where do you want it?" Stephen asked, eyes shifting back to her.
notes: i had two things of inspo to link you to but now i don't remember where they are what kind of FAIL

bria o'conner
yes to 18+ threads

bria !

pm for aim
est
mariah carey
214 posts
1660 points
currently Offline
Aug 25 2016, 01:32 PM         Quote        
"sorry, it's just full of apparently all of my mothers dishes." she said with a bit of a smile on her lips. she wasn't exactly the strongest girl, so picking up this box of fragile things definitely wasn't on the list of her abilities. plus, should the box not be well sealed, she'd much rather blame all of them breaking on him than on herself. her mother would likely forgive him much more than she'd forgive sophie. "just, wherever on the counter is fine." she answered as she followed him into the kitchen. she wasn't exactly sure how she was going to put everything away, but she was sure that for the next month or two, she'd be looking back and forth between cabinets until she got use to everythings placement.

as he left the kitchen to return to where he'd been unpacking things, she started unwrapping dishes and setting them in certain stacks before putting them away. "this place is almost too nice." she spoke aloud, almost hoping to interupt the awkward, deafening silence. maybe that wasn't exactly the best thing to start out with, especially since there wasn't much he could return on that subject. he could either agree or disagree and that was pretty much it. "i'm obviously pretty bad at this whole... whatever this is." she said with a slight chuckle as she sorted silverware into its own drawer. when it came to sophie and her sister, marie, sophie was definitely the one with that was more introverted. she was the shy one, the one that hid behind the extraverted personality of her younger sister. it was almost too strange that they were related considering how different they were compared to one another.

TRIGGERS     incest (blood related) mostly, graphic abuse, but i'm generally down for anything just please talk to me about it first!
ask first to 18+ threads

๐Ÿ nicolebra

pm
eastern
mya
72 posts
365 points
currently Offline
Sep 2 2016, 10:55 PM         Quote        

user posted image
With a slanted smile at her comment and a twinkle over his eyes, he told her, "It's okay." He did not lift boxes of dishes often, but he worked out enough that it would not be difficult to move it from one place to another. Going to the gym was his general stress relief. He built it into his schedule so his life was not consumed with work and whatever social event duties his father made him be a part of. (A part of him truly did hate being the company heir, even if he was good at what he did.) Stephen walked to the kitchen and did as she told him. He placed it on the counter before asking, "Do you need me to move anything else?" Steve glanced towards her as he began to stroll out of the room and to where his box of books was. If she did not need him again now, she could simply ask him later. They were now living together after all.

Making a decision, he turned to the back wall of the living room and put his hand on it. Pushing on the middle, a wide and thick shelf exposed itself. There were other parts of the wall they could do what they wanted with, but for now, he thought this was a good place for books, movies, and the like. Steve was startled out of the concentration he had over what else they could place in the various shelf areas when she spoke. "Yeah, makes you not want to break anything," he joked with a small smile. The space in their apartment reminded him of the second home where he grew up, which did not surprise him. His family moved when his mother died, and his father had always been more of the clean-cut type. Stephen paused at her next comment. His eyes softened and showed empathy. He understood the situation, and although they did not know each other well, they were both in the same situation. And he thought there were something nice about that. He turned his head and glanced at the ground, speaking as if she was next to him, "I don't think there's a right or a wrong way to act," he said honestly, "it'll probably be like this for awhile." Stephen did not expect them to get use to each other immediately, though he hoped they could find some sort of ease with one another eventually.
notes: I AM FINALLY HERE

bria o'conner
yes to 18+ threads

bria !

pm for aim
est
mariah carey
214 posts
1660 points
currently Offline
Sep 23 2016, 02:58 PM         Quote        
she couldn't help but think how awkward it was between the two as he followed her through to the kitchen. she'd always heard stories of arranged marriages way back in the past, and it had somehow returned to the present times, but she never thought that it would be this bad. nor had she ever thought it would happen to her. looking back to the living room, she shook her head at his question. "no, i think that's all for now. unless you feel like washing them as well?" she spoke, a shy smile on her face. she was joking of course, especially since she new he had his own things to unpack, but she wouldn't exactly mind the help. as she watched him walk out of the room through the opening of the bar seperating the rooms, she turned and started removing dishes from the box. unwrapping each piece, she set them gently beside the sink, lining them up for a quick washing before shelving them. these things had barely been used at her parents home, so she was more than sure that they would have a thin layer of dust on them.

as he replied in response to her comment of how nice it was in their apartment, she chuckled slightly. "or wear shoes anywhere. how could anyone thing almost all white everywhere was a good idea?" she asked as she ran warm water in the sink. white was almost a staple in every home, so she'd been partially used to it, but she'd always had color at her parents home. moving out for the first time with a husband that you barely knew obviously made things a bit more uneasy. "you know, you are probably right." she answered his honest comments. there was no other way to play this, at least not for her. others probably would've already made their way to the bedroom but that wasn't in her nature. honestly, she wasn't even sure when they would get to that point. how would she react to his forward advances, whenever they happened anyways? "did you ever think you'd be in this type of situation?"

๐Ÿ nicolebra
ask first to 18+ threads

๐Ÿ nicolebra

pm
eastern
mya
72 posts
365 points
currently Offline
Sep 30 2016, 12:04 AM         Quote        

user posted image
Stephen had been involved with his father's company for over a decade. He had been part of the society that had frequent events where he got to hear stories about the lives of the upper class. Stephen knew arranged marriages existed; he had heard all about them, yet did not think they were a large occurrence. Arranged marriages were generally connected with money and/or power, and luckily and unfortunately, his family had both. He knew why he was put into this marriage with Sophie, but he did not like it. He wanted a choice, and now that had been taken away from him, he was trying to make the best of things. Stephen was a married man, and he hoped to at least get along and get to know his wife, even if it was in the way that neither of their parents wanted.

With a small smile on her face, he told her sincerely, "Let me put a half a box away and I'll help with the rest." She should not have to do all of the kitchen work herself. The kitchen was neutral territory for any couple; it was the one place they were bound to continuously run into each other and find any sort of balance. She should not be the only person in this apartment dealing with kitchen duties. Going back to the living room and resuming his prior task, he subconsciously made sure he worked faster so he could go back to the kitchen and help her as soon as possible. Expelling a breathy laugh, Stephen shook his head, "I have no idea," he told her honestly. The interior was something he was use to. In fact, he would argue that the home he grew up in without his mother looked even more white than this apartment. It was not his favorite thing in the world, but it also was not something he thought much about. Stephen heard her next comment and chose to focus on the books in front of him. He had an entire box he had to clean out and partly wished he preferred using the electronic books that were stored on his tablet instead so they had more space on the inner shelves. After a few minutes, Stephen stopped putting books away and headed towards the kitchen. Hearing her inquiry as he entered the room, he slowed down and furrowed his brows. "No," he told her softly, he glanced in her direction, then the floor, "I heard about it, but I thought my age would let me be passed that." Turning his gaze to her, he shrugged. He wanted to be honest with her. They were married, and they were both in the same situation together.
notes:otpotpotpotpotpotpotpotpotpotp

bria o'conner
yes to 18+ threads

bria !

pm for aim
est
mariah carey
214 posts
1660 points
currently Offline
Jan 6 2017, 09:54 AM         Quote        
she looked towards him briefly as he entered the kitchen after finishing a portion of his unpacking before turning back to continue washing the dishes before her. despite the fact that arranged marriages had made a comeback, she'd always figured that she wouldn't have to partake in the situation. her father would live until he was old, and she would find a wonderful man to take over his business since apparently she couldn't do it herself. well, that was the plan in her head. life didn't always go according to plan though and when her father passed, rushing the line of succession in the business, with no male heir her fathers partner had to look to his side. on the bright side, at least this was a way to keep her family integrated into everything in some small way. she wanted to approach this in a respectful way, but honestly it mostly frightened her. he clearly wasn't a terrible man, but how would you act normally in this situation?

"i guess old people have to be arranged in marriages too." she said with a soft smile. running another plate under the water to rinse the suds off, she picked up the last plate and ran the wash cloth over it, rinsing it as well. despite the fact that their place had a dishwasher, she'd always preferred to wash her own dishes. it was a habit that she'd picked up from her grandmother. 'you always know it's clean when you wash it, the machines do terrible jobs.' even in the future the elderly would complain about technology. as she took a towel out of box, she began drying dishes, looking around the kitchen and trying to decide the best place to put them. "i guess it's a good thing they matched me with such a tall person. now i don't have to climb on counters to use the top shelves anymore." she told him, holding out a few cups for him to place on the shelves. "how long do you think it'll take to get this place feeling like a home?"

๐Ÿ nicolebra
ask first to 18+ threads
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

please keep the cbox pg 13!