welcome to cosl!
WE ARE A FIVE-YEAR-OLD, FREE-FOR-ALL, MULTIPLE VERSES ROLEPLAY. REGISTER WITH A USERNAME IN LOWERCASE THAT HAS YOUR ALIAS IN IT, AND MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL THE TOPICS IN THE IMPORTANT FORUM BEFORE CONTINUING. IF YOU NEED HELP, CONTACT A STAFF MEMBER AND WE'LL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU!
spotlight member: aleina

add reply
new poll

i know my thoughts, channy - "jdm"
indigo
22 years old
she / her
est
ohnoindigo @ telegram
mature threads? no
(╯°□°)╯彡 [my emotions!] 01.20 museless af for obvious reasons. i'll reply when i've vanquished this curse cast upon me by the great pumpkin.
house
but i can't hide them
She'd been counting since she'd realized her days were numbered, as though someone would put a noose around her neck on day seventeen, or thirty-eight. There wasn't much Raven could do except bide her time, hyper aware of every single person she saw or spoke to. She didn't know if it was paranoia making her sick or if it was nausea - first trimester symptoms she hoped wasn't obvious. If no one suspected she was pregnant, then they'd think she was sick, and if she was sick she had to be kept away from others. In the strict community, that never boded well. If she didn't get better - which she couldn't, because her condition wasn't something to be cured - then she'd be dealt with before whatever was wrong with her could spread. If that happened, her only option would be to tell the truth, and that would lead to an execution anyway.

"Hi," Raven greeted stiffly as she sat down at the table, her rations of food just for show. She hadn't eaten in days, her food ending up untouched in a pack she'd been slowly filling for their escape. She didn't know of anyone who had voluntarily tried to leave the Community. They might have been able, if they just asked the man in charge, but there was no way they'd be allowed to leave with anything seen as property of the Community and if they wanted to live at all - give their kid any sort of a chance - they'd need supplies. "It's been a while. How's your assignment?" She shifted a bit further down the bench to make space between them, hoping she looked like anyone else making chitchat with a stranger. Not that there was such a thing of strangers here, in one of the few places that survived despite the death outside their wall. They had good numbers, but they weren't very sizable. Everyone knew everyone's name, which made it more difficult to hide things.

channy.
channy
20ish years old
she/her
PST
pm for aim/telegram
mature threads? yes
[ mar. 18] cleaning out things that are from a month old. right now, sticking to what i have until i know for sure i can get to new things. replies are coming.
the oc
her days were numbered and so was his. nolan knew eventually they would have to make a run for it. this was their community, but their community had their own set of rules. he didn't want to see her hang from a noose because she was carrying a child. an unborn. an innocent. he understood a child wouldn't be useful, but why take a life? two lives? if they wanted their world to keep thriving, they needed to populate. their community needed to grow. things weren't easy in ways for them. they were running out of time, and they needed to make their move, especially since he was caught grabbing things for their trip. of course, he had to sweet talk his way out of it without getting himself killed before getting her out of there. he had his things ready, and he knew she had done the same. it was only a matter of time. "hey," he muttered softly, giving the young woman a small smile. he knew what he was getting himself into. he couldn't see what the hell they had in store for her. he couldn't let that happen. he wouldn't let that go down. they would run and they could make it. they'll be alright. they'll be fine to make it on their own. he just hoped they could find another community/sanctuary before she ended up having the baby. he didn't want them out on the road and raven having the baby. that's the worst thing to happen. as if this couldn't be worst. he sighed, fixing his beanie. he glanced over at her, "it was alright." he looked around before glancing over at her again. "we should have a clear path."
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

indigo
22 years old
she / her
est
ohnoindigo @ telegram
mature threads? no
(╯°□°)╯彡 [my emotions!] 01.20 museless af for obvious reasons. i'll reply when i've vanquished this curse cast upon me by the great pumpkin.
house
but i can't hide them
Her predicament was stupid, to say the least. Raven had been the responsible one in her family, mature to a fault. She'd always been focused on her studies and caring for her mother and making sure she was nothing long the blue eyed beauty who was fond of married men and temper tantrums. She'd always been glad that she was an only child, because her mother was enough of a burden. She'd promised herself she'd never get distracted by a boy, that she'd always be able to take care of herself, by herself. Her mother had ridiculed her as she'd gotten older, insisted she was wasting her youth and her looks.

"Really?" As insufferable as the woman had been, Raven had always been the person she'd come running to. The fact that she was barely older than a child when Raven was born was likely why she clung so hard. It hadn't been hard enough for Raven to drag her dead weight through the end of the world. She tried hard not to think of her mother, but the woman couldn't have been wrong about everything. If Raven had had someone before people had started getting sick, maybe she wouldn't have been craving company so badly. Maybe she wouldn't have in love and been so careless. If she wanted to feel even worse she'd compare their age difference and the trouble she was in and laugh at how similar she and her mother had ended up being.

Raven reminded herself to remain nonchalant, glancing away for a moment before allowing herself a brief smile. She felt sick suddenly, relief and anxiety fighting one another as she clenched her fist to prevent eager fingers from trying to hold his hand. "How soon can we go?"

channy.
channy
20ish years old
she/her
PST
pm for aim/telegram
mature threads? yes
[ mar. 18] cleaning out things that are from a month old. right now, sticking to what i have until i know for sure i can get to new things. replies are coming.
the oc
this isn't the life he thought he was going to lead. nolan went through the motions of everything. he seemed lost and just out of touch with everything when it came to this new world. he pretty much had everything taken from him. it was just him. he had to open himself ever since he got into this community. he didn't want to be around anyone with the thought of losing someone else. it almost becoming unbearable to be close to someone as raven. he didn't want to be dragged into her presence, but it seemed like he didn't have any choice. he tried to fight it and fight it and fight it, but it wasn't easy when it came to the young woman. he knew that he wasn't going to lose her. he would die for her.

he gave a quick nod, running his fingers along his beard. "yeah," he glanced over at her. it was hard to want to keep himself away from her. he wanted to pull her close and wrap his arm around her. he wanted to let her know that everything's going to be okay. they were going to make it through this, but he couldn't really bring any kind of attention to them. he didn't need to bring on the extra problems. they had enough already to deal with.

he wanted to rest his hand on top of hers, but once again, he knew he couldn't risk it. he looked around before turning his eyes back onto her for a moment. "we can leave as soon as tonight," he answered. he didn't want to run when everyone was still up and moving. he knew everyone had to be in their deep sleep, in the middle of the night. he didn't want to take any other chances of waiting. they had to go before they found out what's been done. he kept his eyes on her, giving a small smile. "we're gonna be okay."

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
indigo
22 years old
she / her
est
ohnoindigo @ telegram
mature threads? no
house
but i can't hide them
Raven's lips twitched, unable to commit to a smile or allow herself to feel relief. Nolan could be confident for the both of them. Maybe it'd be enough to get them out of the Community unscathed, maybe it'd be enough to numb the pain of getting caught. "I can..." She shook her head slightly. She could try to leave on her own, muster up the courage and hope she wasn't found. If she and Nolan had been as careful as Raven had been trying to be, then no one would have guessed he was the father. She could leave or get caught and Nolan would be unaffected. "Um," she cleared her throat and shook her head, unable to commit to her fleeting thoughts of being on her own. She'd be useless on her own, even if she managed to get out. She wouldn't be in any shape to care for herself and an infant. "What time?" She risked looking at Nolan, turning away again before anyone passing by could see.
channy.
channy
20ish years old
she/her
PST
pm for aim/telegram
mature threads? yes
the oc
nolan knew he could’ve just kept his head down. kept himself out of trouble and not allowing himself get involve with anyone, including raven. but of course, he couldn’t get this woman out his system. if he was smart, he wouldn’t have engage in any kind of conversation with her: because look at the situation they were in now. it was really hard to keep himself for touching her. he wanted to pull her close and wrap his arm around her, comfort her. he knew they were going to be okay. that’s what he wanted to believe. find somewhere for them to live and be happy with each other and their child. he wanted to be optimistic, but not in this world they live in. not anymore. “will you be okay to move?” he questioned. her safety meant everything to him. that was their unborn baby she had to carry. he sighed, removing his beanie and scratching his scalp before slipping it back on. “wait til everyone’s sleep to make our run. it’ll be easy, quiet and no one will know.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
indigo
22 years old
she / her
est
ohnoindigo @ telegram
mature threads? no
house
but i can't hide them
"I'll be fine," Raven dismissed. Getting out was the easy part. If they weren't discovered and shot for stealing supplies, then they'd have to deal with the struggle of survival. She had no doubt that Nolan would've been able to manage past the safety of the walls. He was smart and resourceful. She was resourceful, and usually clever enough, but stupidity stewed in her gut and if she didn't die now and she didn't die one day soon because she was too slow to avoid getting bit, hell would likely rain down on her if she had to live in the wilderness with a crying infant. In a perfect world Nolan would still be with her and be screwed, too, but as much as she cared about him she couldn't pretend to expect him to be by her side forever. Survival was an ugly thing and she'd never been one to steep in her own optimism. "I'll meet you at the gate at... Eleven?" It felt late enough without risking her falling asleep and missing their window. "I'll have my stuff ready."
channy.
channy
20ish years old
she/her
PST
pm for aim/telegram
mature threads? yes
the oc
he looked at her briefly, giving a nod. “alright.” nolan was always going to worry. she was carrying another human being inside of her. he didn’t want her to do this without being sure of her being alright to move. it made him nervous, but he knew he had to be strong for the both of them. when she started to show, he knew it was going to be harder for her to move. he couldn’t think of another scenario without her in it. he didn’t want to do this alone. they were going to make it. he wasn’t going to take the option any other way. he sighed softly, “not a minute late,” he added. all his things were packed and waiting til it was time for them to leave. he didn’t want to take any more chances. they had to move. “i’ll be waiting.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
add reply
new poll

please keep all content pg-13

cbox mods
aleina
andrea
channy
hawk