we are a six-year-old, free-for-all, multiple verses roleplay. register with a username in lowercase that has your alias in it, and make sure you read all the topics in the important forum before continuing. if you need help, contact a staff member and we'll be happy to help you!

Add Reply
New Poll

drag me down, open to m or f! check crackshi for faces
finding arti
jan 29: back from disneyland and doing my best to catch up with replies! <3
pronouns: she/her
timezone: gmt
member group: devil's food cake
mature? yes
arti
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 20 2018, 09:55 PM
bloody fucking hell.

of course this would happen when he was at a cocktail party in a hotel lobby, and of course he had been at the loo when security had barricaded and locked the doors to the outside so nobody went out into the storm. it wasn't like nic could have gotten his driver to take him home regardless or anything, and now he was stuck making nice with some of the most fantastically boring people he had ever met in his life for god knows how long. whipping up a glass of whisky from a nearby waiter, he emerged from the ballroom onto the covered balcony outside. he supposed, in places with weather like this, a covered balcony made sense. not noticing the other person out there with him, he tipped back the whisky and only briefly made a face before setting it down. he was going to need a lot of alcohol to get through tonight.

tracker

crackship

group plot

myoa

plot dump
fin wolfhard
unfortunately will not be around this weekend bc i procrastinated on homework & i have a job interview on sunday oh goodness. i should be back monday the 5th!
pronouns: they/them
timezone: mst
member group: peanut brittle
mature? yes
finley
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 20 2018, 11:25 PM
tanner was not supposed to be here. he was sure that someone would have realized a while ago that he was not actually someone that any of them knew, but no one noticed. he was able to take advantage of the free hors d'oeuvres and drinks all night, and the only price he had to pay was boring, stuffy smalltalk and a few bored housewives making odd comments his way. he was just about to leave when security barred the doors, forcing them all to stay exactly where they were. well, this wasn't great, but at least they were keeping the drinks flowing, and tanner was able to escape from the stuffy conversation and weird people by going to the covered balcony. it was nice and peaceful, at least, until someone else joined him. tanner tensed for a moment and looked over at the man who had joined him. he thought about leaving him alone, sitting in mutual silence but... honestly, the guy was gorgeous, and if he was already somewhere he definitely shouldn't be, why not go all in and try to flirt with someone he absolutely shouldn't flirt with? "interesting place to get stranded, huh?" tanner asked, tipping his glass at the man.

tracker

myoa

plot dump

finding arti
mature? yes
arti
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 20 2018, 11:47 PM
the sound of another voice made him jump, slightly startled, and nic whipped his head over to the other man out in the balcony who was currently tipping his glass over to him. courtesy made him lift his own glass in return, empty as it might have been. "cocktail parties aren't supposed to last more than a couple of hours so," he let out a bit of a sigh as he raised his eyebrows. "you could say that." he didn't seem to recognise him, so he definitely didn't work at the major businesses that had gathered tonight. at least not the higher ups. curiosity won him over in the end and he switched his glass to the other hand to stretch it out in greeting. "nicholas grey. from grey investment bank," he told him with a smile.

tracker

crackship

group plot

myoa

plot dump
fin wolfhard
unfortunately will not be around this weekend bc i procrastinated on homework & i have a job interview on sunday oh goodness. i should be back monday the 5th!
mature? yes
finley
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 20 2018, 11:53 PM
tanner practically felt his eyebrows fly off his face as nicholas introduced himself. so maybe this was a bad idea. sounded like this guy was pretty important around here and there was a chance he'd be able to realize that tanner was definitely not supposed to be there. but he could fake this. or maybe nicholas woudln't care. tanner wasn't really sure where the guy's sense of humor stood currently. "tanner owens. don't tell me you own the bank," tanner replied, grinning at him as he moved closer. he took nicholas's hand and shook it briefly, then took a seat next to the younger man. "i think i'd die. you're pretty young to be ridiculously successful."

tracker

myoa

plot dump

finding arti
mature? yes
arti
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 20 2018, 11:58 PM
tanner owens? the name didn't sound familiar, either. perhaps he was from a minor bank. it was a relief, in a way, that he wasn't somebody he had to suck up to tonight. he'd done enough schmoozing to last him the rest of the night, and if they were going to be stuck here for a couple of hours, he might as well relax. the question made him laugh, shaking his head. his forthrightness amused him, however, by calling him too young to be successful. "no, no, my father does," he clarified, amused by the situation. "i'm deputy head of finances. what do you do?" he asked, leaning back on the bench and wishing there was more whisky around.

tracker

crackship

group plot

myoa

plot dump
fin wolfhard
mature? yes
finley
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 21 2018, 12:10 AM
tanner laughed softly into his glass, rolling his eyes slightly. "oh, only deputy head of finances. as long as that's all," he teased. "way less successful than i was thinking." tanner didn't even totally know what a deputy head of finances did, but it sounded like a pretty important job. way more impressive than tanner's job at the front desk of a sister hotel to this one. "i'm an assistant. just here to keep track of hypothetical meetings that may or may not actually happen but sure are promised." this had worked in previous interactions. all he had to do was point vaguely at someone and they more or less lost interest in him, since he was just an assistant. it worked out. "what are you doing out here?"

tracker

myoa

plot dump

finding arti
mature? yes
arti
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 21 2018, 12:29 AM
nic was used to getting teased, sure. he had shit friends who loved taking the mickey out of him and all that. but at functions like these? everyone was either walking on eggshells around each other or tossing compliments like rice at a wedding. so tanner laughing at him for his position in the bank took him by surprise, and he joined him in the merriment, chuckling with a shake of his head. "it's no more than anyone -- mostly anyone -- else back there," he pointed out in his defense, trailing his hand around the edges of the glass, watching him curiously at his vague response about where he worked. "taking a breather. these events can be a bit overwhelming."

tracker

crackship

group plot

myoa

plot dump
fin wolfhard
mature? yes
finley
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 21 2018, 12:41 AM
tanner didnt' frequent these kinds of events, but he had been to his fair share. he didn't do it often, but once he realized how easy it was to crash these things, he couldn't help but take advantage of that knowledge. besides, it was kind of nice to put on a suit every now and again and brush elbows with people who had more money in cash than tanner made in a year. one on one conversations about work, however, he wasn't so good at. he didn't know anything about banks, couldnt namedrop anyone, so it was usually best to keep a low-profile and steer conversations away from that. "yeah, they can be. especially when there's no end in sight. i was just about to head out when they barred the doors."

tracker

myoa

plot dump

finding arti
mature? yes
arti
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 21 2018, 03:58 AM
nodding in agreement to his statement, nic looked out at the balcony window to where the snowstorm was still raging on, all grey and white flurry, hitting the panes and making a rumbling noise. "so had i. it's a pretty bad one," he muttered with a sigh, swiping out his phone from his pocket to check the news, what it meant, what the predictions were. "i had a plane to catch tonight, but it looks like i'll be staying in the country until tomorrow at least. should rebook my hotel room..." he added, mostly to himself as he switched over to the hotel's number before groaning. "bollocks, there's no signal."

tracker

crackship

group plot

myoa

plot dump
fin wolfhard
mature? yes
finley
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 21 2018, 09:22 AM
it sounded like nic's night was going a lot worse than tanner's night by quite a bit. he felt bad for him, really. not only was he trapped at a party he clearly didn't want to be at, but also trapped in a country he didn't want to be in. indefinitely. that had to suck. "well, maybe if you go quickly, there will be rooms left here?" he asked, shrugging a little. "or, and this is a lot more forward than i intended to be, i promise you, my place isn't all that far. maybe if they ever let us leave, you could crash at my apartment." nic didnt' seem like a serial killer, at least, so hopefully this wouldn't go too badly.

tracker

myoa

plot dump

finding arti
mature? yes
arti
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 21 2018, 04:20 PM
the first suggestion made him nod, glancing over his shoulder towards the doors leading back inside, to where undoubtedly everybody was already cramming to get rooms and, yeah, the chances that he'd be able to book one were slim. pulling his weight around wouldn't even do much, considering the group of people already attending this cocktail. he'd begun to get frustrated again by the time tanner offered up his own place to him, and he looked over at him with surprise. "really? that's extremely kind, mate, thanks," he responded earnestly, smiling at him. he knew next to nothing about this bloke and for all he knew he could be a scammer, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to at least take a look if they ever did get out of here. "you live in manhattan, then?"

tracker

crackship

group plot

myoa

plot dump
fin wolfhard
mature? yes
finley
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 22 2018, 09:53 PM
tanner honestly did not envy anyone who was working tonight. there had to be a rush at the front desk for people trying to find places to stay tonight, and plenty of people pissed off about being trapped here. tanner was just pleased that he had an out and woudln't have to deal with finding a place to sleep tonight, just a way to get home. he could walk, he supposed. it wasn't that entirely far. "yeah, i do. but don't get too excited. it's, like, the tiniest hole-in-the-wall apartment you could find. but it's probably better than whatever plan b would be." he shrugged a little, momentarily regretting the offer, because, seriously, his place was tiny. and it sure sounded like nic came from a ton of money. but the offer was out there and to pull it back now would be ridiculously douchey. "where are you from? and why were you so quick to head back? done staying in new york, or prior engagements back home?"

tracker

myoa

plot dump

finding arti
mature? yes
arti
    ❅   Quote   ❅     ❅     ❅   Jan 23 2018, 02:44 AM
nic laughed, shaking his head. that's not what he'd been getting at with the question; it had been more of a conversation segue by stating the obvious (he already knew he lived here) and waiting for him to elaborate on it. but he did get an elaboration, at least. "that's quite alright, mate, i don't need a four seasons," he told him, reaching over to clap him on the shoulder in a sort of reassurance, he supposed. honestly, nic wasn't very used to interacting with people from other social circles the majority of the time, but it also wasn't like he was a snob, and he didn't want tanner to think he was. dropping his hand, he scratched at the side of his neck. "from london. i'm just here for the convention this weekend. supposedly heading back home tonight but well," he motioned. "plans change."

tracker

crackship

group plot

myoa

plot dump
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll